In today’s generation, one of the most important electrical home applications is Air Purifier. An Air Purifier simplifies the process of purifying the air by eliminating various pollutants. With the increasing level of pollutants, it makes absolute sense for purchasing the best air purifier in India. This article will guide you by providing all the necessary information required for you to make an informed choice.
There several factors you will have to consider before making a choice, we have listed those and given a brief explanation on the same. The weather is seeing a change due to the effects on air pollution which is why it is important to counter it by reducing pollution and by using devices like air purifiers. In India, there are so many brands and models of air purifiers. Therefore it becomes quite difficult, for choosing the best air purifier as per the requirements. Before buying an air purifier, there are some factors that should be considered. Many air purifiers vary by function.
The environment of the Earth is experiencing drastic changes due to various types of pollution. The future will be darker if necessary steps are not taken to solve the problems related to pollution. For the Earth’s bright future, one must strive to conserve the environment. Air pollution has become a serious concern, and every human should take measures for preventing it, however small the measure might be. It is upsetting that humans cause a majority of air pollution which is adversely affecting our health.
Types of Air Purifiers in India :
1.Carbon Filtration: The carbon filter is often called as an activated carbon filter. It keeps the home healthier and cleaner. It is activated carbon. It is made very porous so that a single gram of it may have a surface area of 500m² or more. A large number of contaminants and allergens are absorbed by this filter over a larger surface area. It is also compact.
2. Ionic Air Purifier: The Ionic air purifier is a new modern way of purifying the air. Around ion generators, these machines are constructed. Its a steady source of negatively charged ions is sent by the ionic generator. With a positively charged ions, they, in turn, attract airborne dust, other debris, and allergen particles. The exchange between these particles and the ions modifies them until they become heavy enough to stay airborne.
3. UV Air Purifier: You must be very familiar with UV light, but you may not be aware of its feature of creating a healthier atmosphere inside the home. For killing the bacteria in the air as well as other types of pathogens which may be harmful, electromagnetic radiation is leveraged by the UV air purifiers. For handling the issues in a home that are caused by viruses, yeast, and mold, the UV air purifiers are reliable.
4.Ozone Air Purifier: Ozone is an important feature of the Earth’s atmosphere. One would fall victim to the harsh Ultraviolet Rays of the Sun without the ozone layer. For protecting the residents from various types of contaminants in the air, many air purifiers use ozone. These purifiers work by effectively pumping ozone into the indoor air. Ozone oxidizes anything it touches. If ozone is exposed to iron, the iron will become rusty.
5. HEPA Air Purifier: HEPA air purifiers have become most famous in this modern era. But it was actually invented in the 50s when a solution for small radioactive particles was needed by the US Atomic Energy Commission. Thus, HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filters were produced. These air purifiers are used in residential homes, beauty salons and hospitals. They are gaining a lot of popularity. Even the manufacturers in the market are tagging their models of air purifiers as ‘True HEPA’ for assuring the customers that those air purifiers have original HEPA technology and not an abridged version.
Things you should consider before buying an Air Purifier
1. Air-exchange rate: The amount of air an air purifier is capable of passing through its system in 60 seconds is called the maximum air-exchange rate. Compared to the air purifiers with lower air-exchange rates, the air purifiers with higher maximum air-exchange rates will clean the air faster.
2. Filter-change alert: The Filter-change alert of an air purifier lets you know about the time to change the filter. Some of them operate on a regular basis, while others base this information on the current condition of the filter
3. Dust sensor: Very few air purifiers consist of automatic sensors for detecting the pollution level of air. Without any manual intervention, they have the ability to adjust the cleaning speed of the air purifier. Thus, users are provided with less precise control over noise levels and energy consumption.
4. Fan speeds: There are multiple fan speeds in most of the air purifiers. They adjust the speed at which the air cycles through the air purifier. The noise is directly proportional to the higher fan speeds of an air purifier.
5.Large capacity: There are more affordable options if one needs an air purifier for a relatively smaller space. For larger rooms, one needs to purchase a more costly model of air purifier which has a great capacity of covering more areas.
6.A reasonable cost of ownership: The filters of most of the air purifiers have to replaced annually or periodically in certain cases. There is more than one filter in some models of air purifiers while others have a permanent filter installed in them, which needs to vacuum periodically instead of replacing.
This Philips air purifier is an excellent product that removes 99.97% of airborne particles, hence its proven ideal for your children’s bedrooms. The Philips air purifier comes with absolutely exciting features like NightSense Auto Mode. This advanced technology helps to identify the quality of the air you breathe while you sleep. Secondly, it also ensures to make the minimum noise so that you and you’re loved once sleep better.
- High-quality performance.
- Very useful for people with asthma and other breathing issues.
- Safety features available.
- Useful for small rooms measuring up to 120 sq. Ft.
- Difficulty in cleaning the HEPA filter and activated carbon
If you wish to remove pollutants as small as PM 0.1, the best bet for you is Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi enables air purifier. This purifier uses Air Multiplier technology to circulate purified air throughout the room. A crucial aspect of air purification is in the face velocity through which the air is channelled into filters. Most of the air purifiers in the market have a high face velocity that can result in ultrafine pollutants as small as PM 0.1 circulating back to where it all started.
This high-quality air purifier is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, which assures the safety of asthma patients
- Excellent for those who are living in highly polluted areas
- HEPA filter technology
- Easy to use
- Priced a little bit higher
The Mi Air purifiers come in two variants, with, or without Alexa Echo Dot technology. This respective air purifier, Mi 2S functions without Eco Dot. However, this purifier can be controlled by using a particular app. This Mi air purifier is an energy-efficient device in different ways.
One of the best features of this air purifier is the OLED display that allows checking the PM 2.5 levels of the room, thereby tracking the purification levels of the air every time. It also comes with humidity and temperature indicators which adds to its cost.
- Silent and efficient
- Best for use in a partially closed room
- Comes with a Night mode features
- Difficult to clean
Coway is a globally renowned brand of air purifiers. This Korean product is one of the best air purifiers available in India under Rs 15,000. This appliance comes with some of the best features one can expect an air purifier to have
The Coway Air Purifier features a sleek design that not only performs admirably but also looks pleasing to the eye. This appliance uses HEPA purification to deliver high-quality pure air to your household.
- Globally reputed brand
- Ideal for Indian bedrooms
- Excellent filtration process
- It has no Night mode feature
The most significant feature of this Mi 2C air purifier is that it is easy to install and use the appliance. Changing the filters is very easy. The DIY Filter Change feature is a unique one.
This Mi 2C air purifier comes with a 3600-air intake feature to ensure efficient filtration and distribution. This air purifier offers a CADR of 350 m3/hr, thereby guaranteeing a coverage area of nearly 452 square feet. Therefore, this air purifier is ideal for a complete house.
- Highly efficient
- Easy to install and operate
- Excellent CADR to ensure adequate air purification
- Changing filters is easy
- No night mode
- Makes noise during operation
Dyson manufactures some of the best air purifiers that ensure high-quality air purification. This Dyson model DP04 senses and displays pollutants. This purifier can identify all types of contaminants such as PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC, and NO2.
The Air Quality Indicator is updated every 12 seconds, thereby it ensures the purification of the best quality. You have the facility of a 24-hour AQI graph on the screen.
- Ideal for rooms sized 550 to 600 sq. ft.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility
- Rotating air vents makes it handy
- Cost is an issue but comes with attractive features
Philips is a reputed name in the market which delivers the best air purifiers in the world. The 3000 Series Air Purifier comes with excellent features like VitaShield and AeraSense to gives your family the purest air to breathe.
This air purifier provides a thick NanoProtect HEPA filter designed for superior purification. The Allergen Mode is effective in removing common airborne allergens. This air purifier is quality-tested and certified as Allergen-free by AHAM, Airmid, and ECARF.
- Automatic on and off after a power cut
- Long-lasting filter
- Capable of handling rooms of almost 800 square feet
- Excellent appliance during the night
- The heavy costing is a discouraging feature
The Philips 2000 Series air purifiers come with similar technology as the 3000 series. These air purifiers are engineered with three pre-settings that you can choose from. It includes General, Virus, and Bacteria modes. Activating the relevant mode ensures high-quality pure air for your family.
Philips AC2887/20 filter lifetime is calculated accurately considering the indoor pollution, airflow, and operating time. The Healthy Air Protect feature alerts you about the change in the filters at the appropriate time.
- Aerodynamic design type
- Ozone-free filter
- Traps bacteria and virus
- Not ideal for multiple rooms
Honeywell Air Touch air purifier is quite different from the other air purifiers discussed here, as it takes in air from the sides and the bottom while releasing it from the top. It provides optimum air circulation. Other quality features include DIY installation, zero sharp edges, and comfortable usage.
The presence of a pre-filter before the HEPA and HiSiv filters improves its lifespan by removing the significant pollutants and prevents it from reaching these expensive filters. This filtration technology is unique in absolutely many ways.
- High filter life of around 3,500 hours
- Cleans a normal-sized room in less than ten minutes
- Highly efficient
- A little bit noisy
- Inappropriate after-sales service
Dyson air purifiers are one of the most expensive appliances in the market. However, there is no other air purifier brand that can produce the level of quality that Dyson is capable of.
The Dyson TP04 is another high-quality air purifier which has the latest technology. This air purifier comes with three onboard sensors that help to identify and report air quality metrics. It ensures the highest quality of fresh air every time.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Purifies the entire room
- Easy to replace filters
- Highly efficient work
- Expensive, but worth it
Frequently asked questions:
How much area does an air purifier covers?
Usually, purifiers are designed to fit in small, medium and large spaced rooms or halls. It is mainly categorized based on CADR and ACH rates. Both of them have a crucial role in designing the purifier and accounts for the stability and performance of the device. When you switch On the purifier, it can cover a distance of 150-400 Sq.ft depending on the filter type and model.
What is the minimum tenure of cleaning the room?
On average, modern purifiers can completely purify the air in just 4-8 hours. For better outcomes, it should continuously be used throughout the day and night. You might be afraid of current-unit charges and the horrible noise. To help you out, most air purifiers come with multiple cleaning modes like auto, timer, sleep, clean and also consume very little power for maintaining indoor air quality, even when you are away from home.
Are they safe to use?
These air purifiers are a safe piece of machinery on which one can completely rely. you can use it in your house without any worry. But there is an exception t, there are purifiers known as ozone-producing air purifiers. Such air purifiers can cause irritation, allergies, aggravate your respiratory problems, chest pain, cough, and even severe lung damage.
So these are the top 10 best air purifiers in India. One shouldn’t be confused about which air purifier is best in India and which one of them is the most perfect. All of these air purifiers are the best ones, and one can choose any of them as per their needs. In this modern world, everyone needs an air purifier for purifying the air indoors without any hassle.
There is no need now to purify the air with traditional techniques. The world is running at a fast pace, and hence, there shouldn’t be more time wasted for just purifying the air. Air purifiers have made this task quite easy. Hence, one must definitely buy an air purifier.